My path to becoming a professional portfolio manager began at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where I majored in Investment Theory and Portfolio Management. Bachelor of Science degree in hand, I went on to Miami University, Oxford, Ohio for an MBA degree.
Upon graduation from Miami University, I had the good fortune to practice my craft as a global market analyst at The Procter & Gamble Company. The learning opportunities at this leading Fortune 50 firm were unparalleled. I developed invaluable real-world skills, investing portions of P&G’s multi-billion-dollar research & development portfolio; and acquired related experience in Market Research, Licensing & Acquisitions, Competitive Analysis, Marketing/Advertising and Global Strategic Planning.
I founded Meyer Capital Management, Inc. in early 1996. As President & Chief Investment Officer, I chair the Investment Policy Committee and am intimately involved with every client relationship. I am a member of the CFA Institute and the Cincinnati Society of Financial Analysts.
My volunteer and community service involvement includes:
- Better Business Bureau of Cincinnati, Program Judge — Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics & Integrity, 2009 & 2010
- Wyoming City School Foundation, Past-President & Board Member
- Wyoming City School District, Member, Blue Ribbon Finance Committee
- Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce, Board Trustee and Chair, Finance Committee
- Inner City Youth Opportunities, Past Board Member